PDA

View Full Version : How To Join Project CARS 2

Rob Prange
22-06-2015, 18:35
New members registration and Membership purchasing is not possible at the moment. We hope to welcome you as member in the future.

Joining Project CARS 2 on the World of Mass Development Portal is easy!

1. Register for a free forum account by following this link (http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/register.php).

2. Visit the Purchase page (http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php) to choose one of the five membership packages.

3. Complete the payment process.

4. Congratulations, you can now log into the member area forums!

Patrick Kulinski
25-06-2015, 06:25
The funny thing is that I could not see this "News and Announcements" topic until I bought a toolpack. Is that intended (I guess it isn't)?

Matt Woodroof
28-06-2015, 22:06
Sorry if it has already been answered, but do we have clarification yet of exactly what is meant by the different editions?

Bronze - Digital Standard Edition version of Project CARS 2
Silver - Digital Limited Edition version of Project CARS 2
Gold - Premium Digital Edition version of Project CARS 2

I am assuming that Bronze is the base game, no DLC. Silver has some (1 year?) of DLC. And Gold has all content for life of game.

Would be nice to know for sure though... if I am right, I may well upgrade to Gold!! Though 50 is quite steep, it is WMD, so it will surely be worth it!

Rob Prange
28-06-2015, 22:33
The funny thing is that I could not see this "News and Announcements" topic until I bought a toolpack. Is that intended (I guess it isn't)?

Slight blunder with the forum settings, fixed.

Lysander Schaefer
01-07-2015, 15:53
However, it is a good idea with the various Tool Packs .

It is in contrast to the first part again a good improvement and certainly attracts some buyers to

Matt Woodroof
01-07-2015, 21:04
^ what does this mean?!

Any chance of some response on my question? I have asked a few things lately (on pCARS 1 forum) and not got any response, I don't like repeatedly asking and people (devs) thinking I am a pain, but some response or an explanation that this can't be answered at the moment would be nice. Don't get the nice warm WMD feeling that I got used to with pCARS 1 ride otherwise!

Damian Hall
01-07-2015, 23:29
Hey, Relative to console gamers. Ian Bell stated that we would get copies of the alpha to test, how soon will this be? And or if possible would it be possible to get an even earlier build? Even if we pay for the shipping. As all versions seem to be built up rather than just ported, would be a good idea to get as many willing individuals on console in as early as possible using both controller and wheel sets.

Damian Hall
01-07-2015, 23:55
Could there be some way to send ISOs for console gamers? Just wondering if this could be a way to get us more involved before or as an alternative to having to ship out discs to us.

Christiaan van Beilen
02-07-2015, 02:15
Damian, do you have a Devkit? If not than you will be unable to run programs (games) that are uncertified by your console manufacturer.

In other words, console gamers will have to wait for SMS to have finished talks with the console manufacturers to get pCARS 2 into an official early access sytem for the consoles. Microsoft has it I believe, but I dunno about Sony. Ian (or one of the other blue guys) is at least chasing Microsoft as we know it.

Joshua Healy
02-07-2015, 02:43
Microsoft has it I believe, but I dunno about Microsoft. Ian (or one of the other blue guys) is at least chasing Microsoft as we know it.

I think you meant, "I dunno about Sony"

Christiaan van Beilen
02-07-2015, 03:23
I think you meant, "I dunno about Sony"

Indeed I did. :a11: Corrected!

Remco Van Dijk
07-07-2015, 16:11
We passed the 400,000 mark, nice!

Christiaan van Beilen
07-07-2015, 16:57
We passed the 400,000 mark, nice!

I am amazed we have a diamond member in our midst. I guess that means Ian has to dress up. :p

Matt Woodroof
08-07-2015, 12:54
Sorry if it has already been answered, but do we have clarification yet of exactly what is meant by the different editions?

Bronze - Digital Standard Edition version of Project CARS 2
Silver - Digital Limited Edition version of Project CARS 2
Gold - Premium Digital Edition version of Project CARS 2

I am assuming that Bronze is the base game, no DLC. Silver has some (1 year?) of DLC. And Gold has all content for life of game.

Would be nice to know for sure though... if I am right, I may well upgrade to Gold!! Though 50 is quite steep, it is WMD, so it will surely be worth it!

Sorry to repeat, but can anyone comment on my question? Surely these different versions of the game must have some definition around them?

Carl Moudy
08-07-2015, 18:09
I signed up at the Bronze level as I don't see the value in spending another $80+ US dollars for the Premium version of the game included in the Gold level. Especially since I don't have a clue what the Premium version of the game adds. However, having said that, I would gladly pay for the Gold Level if one of the perks was to be able to participate in the WMD Project Cars 1 forum. I can't take all the idiots in the open Project Cars forum. Please, make it happen!!!

Ian Bell
08-07-2015, 19:23
Sorry to repeat, but can anyone comment on my question? Surely these different versions of the game must have some definition around them?

We don't know yet.

The more expensive ones get more.

Paul Swanepoel
08-07-2015, 19:28
...I would gladly pay for the Gold Level if one of the perks was to be able to participate in the WMD Project Cars 1 forum. I can't take all the idiots in the open Project Cars forum. Please, make it happen!!!

Hi Carl, the Project Cars 1 forum will most likely be shut down soon, so this is not likely to happen - sorry.
Glad to have you on PCARS 2 !

Note that some of the idiots in the open Project Cars forum are on here too (....it's meeeee, i did eeeeet).

Matt Woodroof
09-07-2015, 20:29
We don't know yet.

The more expensive ones get more.

Brilliant. I love your honesty Ian. Thanks for replying, restored my (never really in doubt) faith... sorry for being a persistent pain. I do think this needs to be confirmed though, I think if you confirm it is what I suggested you will get a good up surge in gold members? Not sure you are too bothered about that, and fair play to you if that is the case!

Joshua Healy
09-07-2015, 22:26
Brilliant. I love your honesty Ian. Thanks for replying, restored my (never really in doubt) faith... sorry for being a persistent pain. I do think this needs to be confirmed though, I think if you confirm it is what I suggested you will get a good up surge in gold members? Not sure you are too bothered about that, and fair play to you if that is the case!

I think the problem is more that no one really know exactly what content and how much we will get. So it's hard to put hard numbers or confirmations on anything this early.
All we (and the devs) know is that these editions will basically mean you pay more, you get more. And more is always better ;)

Umer Ahmad
09-07-2015, 22:26
You answered it Matt, they dont need the money. It's something that will be known quite close to release i think. Use pCARS 1.0 as your guide, mostly the same game content but the Premium version has physical goodies

Christiaan van Beilen
10-07-2015, 03:19
You answered it Matt, they dont need the money. It's something that will be known quite close to release i think. Use pCARS 1.0 as your guide, mostly the same game content but the Premium version has physical goodies

"Wookie included (by the GoodSmileCompany)"? :a32:

Honestly, I wonder what we'll get by the time. I am sure our scale model collectors would love a nice Project CARS 2 car model.

ps. For those that don't know the above mentioned Good Smile Company, they are basically a really big and talented scale figure company that paint each figure by hand (I think). See: http://www.goodsmile.info/en

Or this pic puts it in a nutshell on what they do...

Norman Morton
09-08-2015, 02:24
So... Joined up today & Happy to pay my dues (Gold) to further hopefully help the PCars 2 make it as the best it can be & know all at SMS are working their nut's off not only writing updates & patches for PCars 1 but also striving to make the #2 the best racing sim to grace our screens & am sure it will be from what I've seen/read on the forums from the SMS crew & Ian so have much faith in this venture & wanted to back it as much as I could :eagerness:....

Nam....

Vikram Subramaniam
12-08-2015, 07:38
Joining Project CARS 2 on the World of Mass Development Portal is easy!

1. Register for a free forum account by following this link (http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/register.php).

2. Visit the Purchase page (http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php) to choose one of the five membership packages.

3. Complete the payment process.

4. Congratulations, you can now log into the member area forums!

Thanks for the clear, precise instructions. Joined!

Andy Garton
25-08-2015, 14:14
Advance warning that the WMD signup process for pCARS 2 will close in one week from now.

Dmitry Afanasyev
25-08-2015, 14:20
I hope it will not affect upgrades

Umer Ahmad
25-08-2015, 16:37
I hope it will not affect upgrades
No, I think Ian mentioned existing members can add more money later. AndyG is mentioned that NEW accounts will not possible much longer.

Joshua Healy
25-08-2015, 21:46
Thanks for the notice Andy :)

David LANSADE
26-08-2015, 10:33
So, no notInvestment possible for 10k+, for example!?

Edit:

No, I think Ian mentioned existing members can add more money later. AndyG is mentioned that NEW accounts will not possible much longer.
Oh, ok ...

Joeri Blootacker
26-08-2015, 17:39

i hope so, as i'm saving to upgrade to gold :)
don't want to strand with this bronze level, i want gold or i would feel myself pretty useless :D

Aurelien Duval
26-08-2015, 17:51
i hope so, as i'm saving to upgrade to gold :)
don't want to strand with this bronze level, i want gold or i would feel myself pretty useless :D
Same here, I'd love to upgrade to gold, even to platinium but it would be at the end of the year, so I hope the upgrades will be open for a while ;)

David LANSADE
26-08-2015, 22:51
Just a question

A race team in the game named after you
Is it possible to have a "pArispherique" race team, for example (and not a David LANSADE one)?
If possible, not a kart one ;)

Rob Prange
26-08-2015, 23:10
I'm not sure this has been set in stone yet (it probably hasn't), but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to let members pick a team name. As long as it's not offensive, not violating copyright etc

David LANSADE
27-08-2015, 00:18
I'm not sure this has been set in stone yet (it probably hasn't), but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to let members pick a team name. As long as it's not offensive, not violating copyright etc
Considering it was allowed for my livery in pCARS "1" ... ;)

Joshua Healy
27-08-2015, 02:48

It would probably be easy to add a "Team name" field to the profile section like we did with "Real Names" last project and gather info from that right?

David LANSADE
29-08-2015, 20:13
It would probably be easy to add a "Team name" field to the profile section like we did with "Real Names" last project and gather info from that right?
I'm not sure if I'll choose "pArispherique" or... "pCARS Unofficial"
Maybe even English Humour has a limited range :D ?

Vittorio Rapa
01-09-2015, 13:17
Advance warning that the WMD signup process for pCARS 2 will close in one week from now.

Signup and Membership purchasing is no longer possible.
Upgrades are still possible.

Sebastian Brunner
01-09-2015, 13:58
Wow, that was right on the edge for me :D However, I assume the upgrade option will be available unless the total funds are reached? Or will there be a closure at some point?

Marcel Spuehler
01-09-2015, 14:03
Jup, when the Funding is done also Upgrading isn't possible anymore...

It's somewhere mentioned... (On my Mobile so i can't search it right now)

Marcel Spuehler
02-09-2015, 16:23
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2.html

On the Official Website is a sign with Join Now... Perhaps it needs to be changed or deleted...

Matt Woodroof
09-09-2015, 19:40
Is there any news on the "investment" versions of pCARS 2 membership yet, can't see anything in the obvious places?

Now we have a payment from pCARS 1, it would be great to know if this opportunity will exist for pCARS 2!

Benton Ledbetter
10-09-2015, 11:32

I really hope like Dirt Rally I am free from all that nickle and dimeing. Early Access users got perm access to all dlc without charge unless they changed the page on that. To be honest I am disappointed in Dirt rally. I really hope this game goes a different direction. I assumed we got the full game considering the bronze copy is about $80 USD. I figured the other perks listed was the difference.

Henning Weidhase
10-09-2015, 13:04
@ Benton Ledbetter
?? Im joining Dirt Rally Early Access on the first day, and there was a roadmap with exactly all addon till release...nothing changed in the meantime.
@MArcel Spuehler
sorry next time i use "Reply with Quote"...there was no question on my side

Marcel Spuehler
10-09-2015, 13:34
?? Im joining Dirt Rally Early Access on the first day, and there was a roadmap with exactly all addon till release...nothing changed in the meantime.

What would you like to ask? I don't understand... Do you perhaps would like that SMS Creates a Roadmap? I doubt that will happen, because SMS is allways reacting to WMD and therefore most things will Change :)

thomas mouren
09-06-2017, 14:08
Hello,
I have a question to ask. I hope I am in the good section to do that.
My question is about how can I choose the platform for receive my copy of Project cars2?
Thank's for your answer
In sporting terms,

Vittorio Rapa
09-06-2017, 14:16
Hello,
I have a question to ask. I hope I am in the good section to do that.
My question is about how can I choose the platform for receive my copy of Project cars2?
Thank's for your answer
In sporting terms,

You will have an option on your forum profile (not available yet).

thomas mouren
09-06-2017, 17:09
Thank you for your answear!! Good news I hope the 22 of September arrive faster as possible. Thank's for your work.

Dominic Schoenberner
10-06-2017, 19:30
But you don't have to wait :confused:

Adam Sharpe
10-06-2017, 19:48
You do if you don't have a pc.....

Dominic Schoenberner
11-06-2017, 08:15
Ok that's true ^^

Matt Woodroof
21-06-2017, 18:22
Apologies if I missed, but have had a look and can't see it anywhere - is there confirmation yet of the difference between Bronze (Digital Standard Edition) / Silver (Digital Limited Edition) / Gold (Premium Digital Edition)?

Looks like we can still upgrade (I am at Bronze), but would like to know what the difference will be... any light that can be shed?!

Thanks!

Jean-Yves Mercy
21-06-2017, 18:27
http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/toolpacks.php

Stefan Ihl
21-06-2017, 19:33
http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?25802-Project-Cars-2-pre-order-editions-released&p=990716#post990716

Matt Woodroof
21-06-2017, 21:28
Thanks Stefan, that is exactly what I was looking for!

Just been playing the game for the first time in a looooooooong time, and I am blown away!! It is amazing!! Well done all at SMS, you are incredible.

Sebastian Brunner
22-06-2017, 08:56
http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?25802-Project-Cars-2-pre-order-editions-released&p=990716#post990716

Wow, roaming the forums daily but this got completely amiss for me. Good to know, though :)

Matt Woodroof
26-06-2017, 20:36
Got my payment today and paid it right back! Upgraded to Gold with it, and still a few Euro cents left over. Love SMS, glad to be on board for all the pCARS 2 content, very excited!!