PDA

View Full Version : PWC - Pirelli World Challenge confirmed

Andy Weinberger
16-09-2017, 20:42
Could it be that I have missed the official announcement in our Forum? Seems to be a big deal, no? I am really looking forward to play this challenge! And I hope the missing tracks will come up smsoon :)

Well done SMS!

Christoffer Almgren
16-09-2017, 21:29
That explains the 'turquoise' Nissan's presence then I guess ;)
Well if you want news on the game you've been testing for ~2 years, I guess GTPlanet is the place to go :p

Sylvain Antoni
16-09-2017, 22:01
To be honest we already knew that. Having all the officials liveries and real sponsors is a quite obvious hint ^^

Christiaan van Beilen
16-09-2017, 22:01
That explains the 'turquoise' Nissan's presence then I guess ;)
Well if you want news on the game you've been testing for ~2 years, I guess GTPlanet is the place to go :p

I would've liked that announcements would be copy pasted to here by said announcer instead of us having to lurk the interwebs for it. It's one of the reasons why we signed up... to hear it first, test it first and report back on it first. ;)

I non-the-less wish to congratulate the team on hauling this big fish in. Must've been some fine fishing gear to pull that off. :D

To be honest we already knew that. Having all the officials liveries and real sponsors is a quite obvious hint ^^

Depends on if you follow the series or not, and memorize the liveries and sponsors when you do as well. ;)

Sylvain Antoni
16-09-2017, 22:13
Well... Andy and Casey (IIRC) talked about pwc. I didn't know this serie before ^^.
We already knew that pirelli was taking part in the game as well.
The windshield banner and plate number are obviously official and we all know how licensing works thanks to WMD. ;)

Andy Weinberger
16-09-2017, 22:20
Ok...that means I haven't missed the announcement, beacause there was no... Strange...to be honest, just to have real liveries means nothing. Who knows how the real liveries from this series looks like, if you don't follow? Today was the first time that I heard about...

Sylvain Antoni
16-09-2017, 22:27
Yeah, I agree that you have to follow the forum closely to put everything together (I'm not ironic here ;)) .

Try to make a search in the forum on "Pwc"

Christiaan van Beilen
16-09-2017, 22:40
Well... Andy and Casey (IIRC) talked about pwc. I didn't know this serie before ^^.
We already knew that pirelli was taking part in the game as well.
The windshield banner and plate number are obviously official and we all know how licensing works thanks to WMD. ;)

I kind of missed the gentle hinds as I haven't been following the artwork closely and usually am to lazy to be picky about the livery on my car.
I did know Pirelli was aiding in the physics development though, and that could've been a hint. However, this could just be due to tyre licensing instead and not particularly a whole series... and we know everything has to be licensed separately and only sometimes it comes in a package. Like for example some tracks have advertisement included and others don't.

So yeah, there might have been hints but its better if something is announced more officially in this case.

Andy Weinberger
16-09-2017, 22:57
Yeah, I agree that you have to follow the forum closely to put everything together (I'm not ironic here ;)) .

Try to make a search in the forum on "Pwc"

Have you tried by yourself? ;) What do you think what was my first intention? We don't talk about a new car or a new track, or a new feature. We talk about licensing a popular series (at least in the united states, as I understood). Anyway, who knows..perhaps its just fake news :)

Sylvain Antoni
16-09-2017, 23:11
It's not only art related... All the gt3 and gt4 cars are following the Pwc rules book.
Anyway, I kinda agree with you.
I'd have preferred the official announcement be made here first. (sorry for the grammar)

Alex Hobbs
16-09-2017, 23:16
PWC has been a selectable series in career mode for a few months now :)

Christiaan van Beilen
16-09-2017, 23:19
PWC has been a selectable series in career mode for a few months now :)

I shouldn't have stuck to free practice I see. :a11:

Ryan Day
17-09-2017, 00:56
...And I hope the missing tracks will come up smsoon :)

Mosport would be biblical :a37:

Christoffer Almgren
17-09-2017, 01:53
Read about the PWC stickers added on the windows.. but didn't automatically connect it to the 'Pirelli World Challenge' mainly not 'fully' added officiall PWC. I just thought "Oh.. stickers.. neat" ..and then my brain shut off for the rest of that train of thought.. even as I knew where the 'turquoise' Nissan GT3 raced.:a11:

Started career a few times, but got ..distracted, so never got to that part.

Nicholas Gregory
17-09-2017, 08:36
I remember when the series was called the SPEED World Challenge (back when there was a dedicated motorsports channel in the US) where all the cars raced on DOT (street legal tires in the US) track tires, and AWD Volvos raced with Cadillacs.

Ryan Day
17-09-2017, 14:11
I remember when the series was called the SPEED World Challenge (back when there was a dedicated motorsports channel in the US) where all the cars raced on DOT (street legal tires in the US) track tires, and AWD Volvos raced with Cadillacs.

Good times, for sure. I miss Speedvision. What a great channel.

I also remember after it was bought by Fox, turned into SPEED Channel, and then shortly after they dropped title sponsorship of the series and the series fell into oblivion for several years. Wasn't until they brought GT3 machines into the mix that it's received its revitalization and has once again become one of the biggest and best series in North America again.