PDA

View Full Version : Launch Day!

Andy Garton
22-09-2017, 08:22
It's the 22nd, and it feels like I shouldn't let that pass without a post. What we've achieved with Project CARS 2 is pretty incredible. It's not perfect, but I'm not ready for retirement yet so that's good. A lot (I hope it's a lot anyway!) of people will be playing the game today with a smile on their faces, and that's not a bad thing to say you've contributed towards. Thanks to everybody here for their help and support - be proud of your involvement, and take some time to enjoy the moment. Also, try not to take comments you read on public forums too much to heart, everybody has an opinion, and the nature of the early comments especially is that they're mostly negative, reporting problems. Those enjoying the game are too busy doing that to post!

Congratulations, and thanks again!

Marcel Spuehler
22-09-2017, 08:23
Well said Andy! Congratulations to the Team! You can be Proud once again :)

Henning Weidhase
22-09-2017, 08:30
Congrats to the whole Team from SMS and WMD! I hope that many many people have fun with PC2!

Dmitry Afanasyev
22-09-2017, 08:32
Thank you guys and gals for another opportunity to drive all this way with you. Incredible job! Take some time for a party and rest. You really deserve it. You're the BEST :a04:

Christiaan van Beilen
22-09-2017, 08:32
Hear! Hear!

Big congratulations to you to. Unfortunately I haven't played the game since launch yet as I was helping the old man out with his baby steps into our game. He was over the top enthusiastic after he drove a good two hours in one go on the HTC Vive with a CSWv1, Porsche Rim and CSPv1. He especially found it cool to hear the positional head tracked audio for the first time as he turned his head in the Lotus 98T on the Nordschleife. Yes, I agree... he's mad! He's half blind since last years stroke but still he chose to get The Beast out on the Green Hell... and he made it stick without issue. Not bad for a blind fella if I say so myself. :)

So even with all the negative comments, just seeing the enjoyment coming from him yesterday when he drove the game for the first time... mostly just grinning and being speechless... is for me enough of a confirmation that we made one hell of a simulation racing game together, and I am sure there are more people out there like him.

So once again... congratulations everybody. :)

Sebastian Brunner
22-09-2017, 08:33
Also a big thanks to the blue team that enabled us in the first place to enjoy this masterpiece now as it is. Andy already found the right words, and I look forward to seeing more from the Slightly Mad team in the future. It was a hell of a journey, so yes - enjoy the moment!

Jonathan Le Clercq
22-09-2017, 08:37
Congratulations guys, you did it :)

As a "from the coal face" point, I was in the pCARS2 Steam Chat last night and despite the numbers of people coming and going, I think only one person listed a problem they were having - the rest of them were too busy playing the game. I was there for launch night of pCARS1 and the difference is quite staggering. The hard work in testing, fixing etc has paid off massively. Almost all of the 'gripes' I've read are levelled at things within the game itself rather than anything fundamentally broken. It really is a damn fine base to launch from and you all deserve a lot of credit for that :yes:

Lars Rosenquist
22-09-2017, 08:37
As I've already said in the other thread: the journey and the end result are absolutely amazing! Awesome job everyone!

Remco Van Dijk
22-09-2017, 08:43
Congratulations SMS and WMD2!
I must confess that the general positivity about pC2 is much more than I expected really although I know how good the game is. When you discount the expected fringe haters, I can hardly grasp how positive the reception has been until now. So job well done everyone! :)

Sebastian Schlager
22-09-2017, 09:01
It's been fantastic once again (been here since pCARS 1 WMD) with a superb game being the result.
Great job SMS!

Would love to be part of "WMD Vol 3", if you let us in once again. :a45:

Dave Higgs
22-09-2017, 09:17
Even though I'm happy it's been released and even happier with how well it's been received, I'm also a little sad as the development stage is always exciting to see what's been fixed or what new features have been added. Also this time round the quality of WMD2 members has been so much higher than it was with WMD1. By quality I mean less dickishness and people just generally trying to be an ass.

I would like to personally thank not only SMS and the team but all the guys (and girls) on the forum that have helped members out with anything from hardware issues to advise on marital problems.

Special shout out to all the guys in the FFB feedback and VR feedback sections as this is where I spent most of my lurking.

Thank you one and all

Tatu Teittinen
22-09-2017, 09:54
Congratulations everyone at SMS, and thank you so much again for sharing the journey with us and shipping something amazing :)

Thomas Taschler
22-09-2017, 10:02
Congratulations SMS! :)
Thank you for the nice journey :)

John Hargreaves
22-09-2017, 10:08
I wasn't sure how I felt when we were given '2 weeks off' before release, but I'm actually really glad we were locked out. It's meant I can share in the anticipation and enjoy the build up, and I'm every bit as excited as anyone else out there. I don't think it would have felt like that if we had been playing builds up until last night. Well done all, enjoy the ride over the next few weeks.

Phil Denty
22-09-2017, 10:09
Even the haters of PC1 are wax lyrical about PC2....that's an achievement in itself by a number of positive reviews on Youtube.....Well done to everyone and yes I would love to be apart of PC3!!!!!

Thanks for the code for the Project Cars Shop

Wolf Herold
22-09-2017, 10:15
Congratz too.
1 hour after activation more than 30 active online sessions, wow.
Played until 3 . Today i have a little hangover :a23:

one question.
We now have build 866. Any release notes for 852 - 866?

Michael Knoblach
22-09-2017, 10:17
Thanks Andy for your kind words and thanks to the whole SMS team that let us (me) take part in this great journey :a15:

Now I am nervously waiting like a child at Christmas Eve while I have to do my job duties until late this afternoon before I can hop myself into it ... :a37:

Tim Foster
22-09-2017, 10:22
Congratulations SMS on your second (pCARS) baby!

I really haven't been a part of the second one as much as I would have liked, but it's really great to see how SMS has progressed from the first game to number 2.

I wish you all the genuine success that this deserves - fantastic job!

:D

Mitchel Saad
22-09-2017, 10:32
Thank you for creating a game that captures the essence of motorsport like no other modern game.

And thank you for sharing the journey with us like you have, it's very addictive.

James Brooks
22-09-2017, 10:43
Thank you SMS once again for the opportunity to be involved with this, its been an incredible couple of years, but amazing to see the hard work you guys put in from the reviews and the first impressions coming out which show and verify every bit of effort you guys put in.

Also thanks to the WMD members as well who put in countless hours to help the game to what it is today, its scary what can be achieved when the community is passionate enough.

Joseph Gossen
22-09-2017, 11:07
Congratulations everyone! What a great journey. Looking forward to endless hours of fun and intense racing with the rest of the gaming world.

Aidan Taylor
22-09-2017, 11:11
I wasn't as active as I wished I could be but thank you so much SMS and WMD members for those awesome 2.5 years !
Congratulations and hopefully we'll see us all again for WMD3 :)

Benjamin Benichou
22-09-2017, 11:12
Tks SMS for all, we have passed a other great 2 yrs of development with you, good luck for the sale and you have made a great game, the better of all SimRacing game imo, good job blue guys, it's a real pleasure to read post and participate on this forum. A Great wmd2 adventure, see you on virtual tracks and i'm ready for sign for a wmd3 when the time is ready (sry for my english, i hope its understand). Cheers.

Koen Claes
22-09-2017, 11:14
I hate to say "i told you so" but this time: "i told you so" :cool:
Wasn't expecting any less than an amazing game and what was delivered exceeded these expectations by a mile...and that is exactly what the majority of players will be thinking right now!
The positive reviews are through the roof and are a showcase of how most people see this title :cool:
Congratulations on a job well done!

Chris Arnett
22-09-2017, 12:13
It's been a blast for 2 years! Sad to see this development come to an end, but it's truly incredible how the final product came out as well as being recieved by the public! Kudos to everyone especially those who put in the long hours into it. Well done.

Dominic Schoenberner
22-09-2017, 12:32
I also have to say: Big thank you and Congrats for such a good start with pCars 2 to SMS!

And this way i wanted also to say thank you to every WMD Member for their Work and Contribution!

And special thanks also to our Moderator Team!

i'm really proud to be a part of this project, even it's just a very little Part!

Dan Blamey
22-09-2017, 12:33
Over SIX YEARS of WMD and going strong, what an adventure :D

In this time I've had two kids, changed jobs twice and two pCARS games have been released! Wow time flies.

Cheers all!

Dominic Schoenberner
22-09-2017, 12:40
In this time I've had two kids,

Me too! And i also married in this time :O

Remco Van Dijk
22-09-2017, 12:46
Me too! And i also married in this time :O
Twice? :p

Milan Danek
22-09-2017, 13:12
Every child has the right to have its own mother

Dominic Schoenberner
22-09-2017, 13:48

Noooo... Just once :D

Greg Corbyn
22-09-2017, 14:09
Just want to add my congratulations to all at SMS for getting it out there, on time, and from what I've been reading around the internet to a generally very positive reception. As I've said before, it's been a brilliant ride and process to be part of - however one other thing I wanted to say - thanks to SMS & WMD for creating and being the finest community of like-minded people I've been lucky enough to join. As a WMD-noob 2 and-a-bit years ago I've never felt anything other than totally welcome, and now I feel like part of the furniture (whether you like it or not :p)

This is an awesome place, and you are a great bunch of people :yes:

Adam Sharpe
22-09-2017, 14:35
As a console owner I'm REALLY glad the development phase is over and I get to realise what an awesome product has been released....

A bit sad that my trusty wheel is useless (damn you $onĄ), but enjoying the new experience on pad. Once I've moved I'll get back on a wheel....

Oh, and thanks for the perks, downloaded the wallpaper and the soundtrack today, and ordered my t-shirt and poster.

Now waiting to see what other surprises we get with the future DLC, not that the base game needs it - more than enough there to keep me occupied!

Oh, and WMD3? HELL YEAH!

Kevin Ochoa
22-09-2017, 14:47
Congrats SMS and WMD! Unfortunately, I've been largely absent for this installment. Wish I could've been more active. Anyway, it was awesome to visit SMS HQ a few months back during crunch time. Glad to see all the hard work paying off! Looking forward to enjoying the game! Bought a couple of extra copies for more support. :)

Kobus de Villiers
22-09-2017, 14:59
Congrats to everybody involved.

I was testing pcars2 for most of the time on my older rig that didn't include VR but what a world of difference it makes to have it finally on my new rig with VR. I should've done this much sooner but better late than never. I'm pleasantly surprised by the interface and it all worked right of the bat without having to tinker with anything. I will probably spend some time to get it exactly how I like but this is a solid release that should be well accepted by most of the sim racing public. Yeah, there will always be bugs and things to iron out but overall I'm happy to be involved with the product and the end result is a great game that will suck more free time than WMD ever did.

Sebastien Milliot
22-09-2017, 19:18
Congrats to all.:a15:
I was not active a lot during Pcars 2 development (even if I downloaded the first builds but it was not usable on my pc)
I am thinking to upgrade my PC to try wheel driving. But for the time being, I enjoy the Xbox version with gamepad.

I was not sleeping at 1am (so I launch Pcars2 to do initial config and first ginetta career race). Two more done this evening.

Tiago Fortuna
22-09-2017, 19:30
Di I really need a post to say how proud I am from being here from pC1 days?

I think not. I believed and put it in writing many times from day 1(actually 7th IIRC :D ) in pC1.

This thread put an image in my head though. Like a picture with everybody raising their glasses smiling to the camera looking proud of being part of this.

Thank you (for the nth time nth time :D) SMS and WMD.

I'll stop before I drop a tear :)

Stefan Kieninger
22-09-2017, 21:23
Thanks to everyone here for having me around on this excellent experience again!
Very special thanks you to SMS for making this possible again!

Sadly I couldn't go racing, because Steam decided to re-download everything again, after having done the full pre-download seemingly successful.
I just found out this evening, so now it's still downloading. Well something with the deletion on the previous version (because of the old directory name) must of went wrong.
Well at least my connection isn't slow, with ~6MB/s it should be done by this night.

Michael Colomer
22-09-2017, 21:24
Congrats everyone !

Henry Hancock
22-09-2017, 23:00
Congratulations Guys and thanks for everything! Looking forward to some awesome DLC's!!

Chris Mosley
22-09-2017, 23:09
Congrats to all! It's so nice to finally have a complete, full game. Bring on the DLC's so we can get Mid Ohio and more cars!

I feel like this has been such a long journey, first pc1 and then pc2. Joined early on in pc1, must be five or six years invested in testing? It has been fun and a pleasure. Thanks to all!

Tony Rickard
22-09-2017, 23:17
Well done to all at SMS.

Lots of positive reviews around the forums. Sadly some of the inevitable nonsense being portrayed but what can you do?

Good job guys and long may the franchise continue!

Rob Thompsett
23-09-2017, 03:18
Well that is a second one wrapped up and out on the streets. Public response on the whole has been great as far as I am concerned. A big thank you to all the people here as they have all played their part no matter how large or small.

Maybe a Baja Race Sim could be fun somewhere down the line to add to the ever growing WMD/SMS combination (not forgetting the FnF of course)

Aldo Zampatti
23-09-2017, 05:08
Over SIX YEARS of WMD and going strong, what an adventure :D

In this time I've had two kids, changed jobs twice and two pCARS games have been released! Wow time flies.

Cheers all!

Six years, 3 apartments, 1 house, no (new) kids, same job, 3 Countries (yea,moved quite a lot!) and I got married... also 2 full PCARS releases....

So lot's of good things and the married thing :P.

Let's go for a 3rd! Kudos everyone!

Gregory Barbier
23-09-2017, 07:05
First:
Let's give Caesar what is to Caesar...

...A big Thank you to SMS & WMD teams.
Without the support and permission to access PCARS2 from the SMS staff, I would never have been able to continue the adventure on PCars2. :yes::yes::yes:

Secondly: I would like to thank this community (normal and orange jackets), which has always been so impressive for the last six years. :a02: :yes:

Thirdly: I pay a special tribute to my good old PC who despite his age will have held the shock until the day of launch. :yes:
I want to reassure everyone, he is not dead yet, but I burn a candle every day.

So in summary thank you all for what you are doing and what you are.

Best regards

Hope to see you on Part 3 :a26:

Greg Pillhofer
23-09-2017, 07:18
I said it elsewhere, but l’ll say it again here...

The small amount of time I've been able to spend here is probably my only regret as a WMD2 member. (Well that, and not being able to get the Kyalami Circuit included in the game. But here's hoping third times the charm!)

I'm well impressed with the positive spirit that exists between the development team and the WMD members, and the remarkably helpful and supportive members of this community as a whole. No question, opinion or suggestion of mine was ever demeaned or ignored. And I even managed to get a poster or two of mine accepted for use in-game - something I'll be well proud of boasting about to everyone I can, for as long as I can.

A good opportunity for to me to add my sincere thanks for allowing me to follow this journey with you all. And of course, to send my congratulations to Ian and the entire SMS development team on a huge accomplishment - the majority of pre-release reviews that I've seen echo my sentiments: Project CARS 2 is a huge step forward for the franchise, and everyone involved in it's production can, and should, feel incredibly proud of it.

As we say in these parts : dis glad nie kak nie! (Stephen V can translate that for you )

Simon Ashbourne
23-09-2017, 07:31
Slightly belated response as I've been busy working and then finally getting my hands on the game last night. I'm one of the "too busy enjoying it" crowd...

The difference to PC1 and it's issues is noticeably night and day, clearly lessons were learned and well managed. That says a lot about SMS, a lot of other franchises keep churning out the same shit over and over.

Congratulations SMS you now officially own a wonderful franchise, keep up the good work. I'll be around for WMD/PCars 3-23 at least.

Beer's up... chug chug chug chug chug chug chug chug!

Steve Unsen
23-09-2017, 08:23
Congratulations for a successful release. And thank you SMS and WMD. Good Job.:a04:

Marten Johansson
23-09-2017, 11:51
Congratulations for an epic racing-title that really deserves to be among the top titles in Simracing. This release is a BIG improvement compared to the predecessor :a04::cool:

Eric Schroeder
25-10-2017, 07:51
I was pretty active during PCars 1's development since nearly the begining...it was absoultely amazing!

I was attempting to do the same with Pcars 2 here, but unfortunately my personal life was hit with too much tragedy to continue.
So I've been MIA for most of this year, but it was still amazing while I was around, and the game is a great improvement!

I hope that there is a WMD Round 3 that happens, so I can get back to helping out!

I'm WMD 4 LIFE! ...if you'll have me SMS :cool:

Andy Garton
06-11-2017, 10:26
Heads up guys that we'll be closing the forum (actually, making it read only) soon. Thanks again for all your help!

Stefan Ihl
06-11-2017, 10:31

Christopher Gray
06-11-2017, 10:51
Heads up guys that we'll be closing the forum (actually, making it read only) soon. Thanks again for all your help!Andy, where will we see any announcement about when XBOX WMD members will get their Japanese Car Pack code? That's the main reason I visit the forum now, in the hope that this will be sorted out. I won't be pleased if I don't get the Japanese Car Pack as promised.

http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?26985-Japanese-Cars-Pack&p=1033962#post1033962

Andy Garton
06-11-2017, 10:58
In the announcement forum most likely.

Koen Claes
06-11-2017, 11:00
Andy, where will we see any announcement about when XBOX WMD members will get their Japanese Car Pack code? That's the main reason I visit the forum now, in the hope that this will be sorted out. I won't be pleased if I don't get the Japanese Car Pack as promised.

http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?26985-Japanese-Cars-Pack&p=1033962#post1033962

You will get it...don't worry...

Dominic Schoenberner
06-11-2017, 11:04
RIP WMD 2 - See you soon WMD 3! :) Thanks for the good Time here!

Sebastien Milliot
06-11-2017, 17:05
Thanks for the opportunity. That I did not used fully until release on Xbox. Anyway, proud of the WMD achievements, once again.

Niklas Silen
06-11-2017, 21:15
Is there a WMD section at the official main forums? Some bugs/issues may be better discussed with a group of people who know a bit about the behind the scenes and the work that goes into it all.

Mitchel Saad
06-11-2017, 22:37
I'll miss this place, and all involved no doubt about it.

Is there a WMD section at the official main forums? Some bugs/issues may be better discussed with a group of people who know a bit about the behind the scenes and the work that goes into it all.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?123-The-WMD-Lounge

Located right at the bottom of the home page :)

John Hargreaves
07-11-2017, 09:15

Me too, this and WMD1 has consistently been my favourite part of the internet for six years. I have checked in to this forum to see the news and developments every day in that time. Wow, where did that go.

Greg Corbyn
07-11-2017, 10:08

Me too, this and WMD1 has consistently been my favourite part of the internet for six years. I have checked in to this forum to see the news and developments every day in that time. Wow, where did that go.

^^ Pretty much sums up my feelings too, though only WMD2 and 2.5 years in my case. It's been the first place I check in to in the morning for all that time. Hopefully we'll all be getting back together again when the time is right.

Martin Webb
07-11-2017, 11:29
Same feeling here.. catch you in the WMD lounge?!

Pedro Antunes
07-11-2017, 11:56
Never Two Without Three.
I'll wait :p

Rune Morling
07-11-2017, 12:32
Heads up guys that we'll be closing the forum (actually, making it read only) soon. Thanks again for all your help!

*looks at sarcasm detector*

*frowns*

*looks at sarcasm detector more closely*

*mutter* I swear I'm missing something here... *mutter*

FWIW, what you gents have delivered with pC2 is quite simply amazing. If I've had a bad day, 10-15 minutes of pC2 is an instant cure. Proud to have been a small part of it! :)

Tiago Fortuna
07-11-2017, 13:36
Did it to the fullest extent I could manage this time around.

Question (i know it's far way, still); how will we be informed - hopefully a bit earlier than non wmd2 members - about joining SMS's next project?

Benjamin Benichou
07-11-2017, 14:20
snifff, again.....Well...see you soon on official forum and i hope smsoon on wmd 3 :)

Koen Claes
07-11-2017, 16:06
Did it to the fullest extent I could manage this time around.

Question (i know it's far way, still); how will we be informed - hopefully a bit earlier than non wmd2 members - about joining SMS's next project?

the announcement section probably...

Christian Mutz
07-11-2017, 16:12
I'll miss you here! See you soon at WMD 3! :a04:

Jason Ganz
08-11-2017, 15:46
Noooooo. I'll miss you guys.