+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Launch Day!

PCARS2: Gold Chris Mosley will become famous soon enoughChris Mosley will become famous soon enough Chris Mosley's Avatar
    Congrats to all! It's so nice to finally have a complete, full game. Bring on the DLC's so we can get Mid Ohio and more cars!

I feel like this has been such a long journey, first pc1 and then pc2. Joined early on in pc1, must be five or six years invested in testing? It has been fun and a pleasure. Thanks to all!
    i7-2600K 3.4Ghz, 8 GB RAM, Corsair 600GS, EVGA 1060TI 3GB, Fanatec V2 Base, CS Pedals, Formula and BMW Wheel
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Koen Claes

PCARS2: Gold Tony Rickard has a spectacular aura aboutTony Rickard has a spectacular aura aboutTony Rickard has a spectacular aura about
    Well done to all at SMS.

Lots of positive reviews around the forums. Sadly some of the inevitable nonsense being portrayed but what can you do?

Good job guys and long may the franchise continue!
    CPU: i7 5820K| Mobo: Asus X99-S | RAM: 16Gb DDR4 | GPU: Asus GTX1080 & Oculus Rift CV1|
    HDD: Crucial 500Gb SSD | OS: Windows 10 64Bit | Wheel: OSW (OMP wheel)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Koen Claes

PCARS2: Gold Rob Thompsett will become famous soon enough Rob Thompsett's Avatar
    Well that is a second one wrapped up and out on the streets. Public response on the whole has been great as far as I am concerned. A big thank you to all the people here as they have all played their part no matter how large or small.

Maybe a Baja Race Sim could be fun somewhere down the line to add to the ever growing WMD/SMS combination (not forgetting the FnF of course)
    Better known as " Ziggy UK "

Riff Raff Racing Team || ziggyuk@live.co.uk

Founder of The Gentlemen's Club / TGC Sim Racing Leagues
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Koen Claes,Patrick Kulinski

Moderator Aldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant futureAldo Zampatti has a brilliant future
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Blamey View Post
    Over SIX YEARS of WMD and going strong, what an adventure

In this time I've had two kids, changed jobs twice and two pCARS games have been released! Wow time flies.

Cheers all!
    Six years, 3 apartments, 1 house, no (new) kids, same job, 3 Countries (yea,moved quite a lot!) and I got married... also 2 full PCARS releases....

So lot's of good things and the married thing :P.

Let's go for a 3rd! Kudos everyone!

Screenshot Wizard Gregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond reputeGregory Barbier has a reputation beyond repute Gregory Barbier's Avatar
    First:
    Let's give Caesar what is to Caesar...

...A big Thank you to SMS & WMD teams.
    Without the support and permission to access PCARS2 from the SMS staff, I would never have been able to continue the adventure on PCars2.

Secondly: I would like to thank this community (normal and orange jackets), which has always been so impressive for the last six years.

Thirdly: I pay a special tribute to my good old PC who despite his age will have held the shock until the day of launch.
    I want to reassure everyone, he is not dead yet, but I burn a candle every day.

So in summary thank you all for what you are doing and what you are.

Best regards

Hope to see you on Part 3
    Last edited by Gregory Barbier; 23-09-2017 at 09:45.
    PROJECT CARS 2 Flickr gallery
    website dedicate to our "first" baby.

PCARS1 aka: kelnor34
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    I keep on hand all of my screenshots in .PNG / FULL RES.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    My Flickr gallery
    Capturing tool DXTORY
    BIG thanks, to SMS team & our Community PAINTERS for your HUGE talent!!!
    A very special THX to Marcel Spuehler & Aldo Zampatti ;)
    Project C.A.R.S 2 config: DSR-4X smooth 8% / AF:16X / SMAA:Off / FXAA:Off
    CPU: I7 860/2,80 GHZ MB: Asus P7P55D GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC Marcel Spuehler "first owner" RAM: 8GO HDD: 2to OS: win7 (x64)
    BING TRANSLATOR is my best friend here...(maybe).

PCARS2: Gold Greg Pillhofer has a spectacular aura aboutGreg Pillhofer has a spectacular aura aboutGreg Pillhofer has a spectacular aura about Greg Pillhofer's Avatar
    I said it elsewhere, but l’ll say it again here...

The small amount of time I've been able to spend here is probably my only regret as a WMD2 member. (Well that, and not being able to get the Kyalami Circuit included in the game. But here's hoping third times the charm!)

I'm well impressed with the positive spirit that exists between the development team and the WMD members, and the remarkably helpful and supportive members of this community as a whole. No question, opinion or suggestion of mine was ever demeaned or ignored. And I even managed to get a poster or two of mine accepted for use in-game - something I'll be well proud of boasting about to everyone I can, for as long as I can.

A good opportunity for to me to add my sincere thanks for allowing me to follow this journey with you all. And of course, to send my congratulations to Ian and the entire SMS development team on a huge accomplishment - the majority of pre-release reviews that I've seen echo my sentiments: Project CARS 2 is a huge step forward for the franchise, and everyone involved in it's production can, and should, feel incredibly proud of it.

As we say in these parts : dis glad nie kak nie! (Stephen V can translate that for you )
    ~zoom, zoom, crash~

The following 5 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Gregory Barbier,Jonathan Le Clercq,Koen Claes,Steve Unsen

PCARS2: Gold Simon Ashbourne is a jewel in the roughSimon Ashbourne is a jewel in the roughSimon Ashbourne is a jewel in the rough
    Slightly belated response as I've been busy working and then finally getting my hands on the game last night. I'm one of the "too busy enjoying it" crowd...

The difference to PC1 and it's issues is noticeably night and day, clearly lessons were learned and well managed. That says a lot about SMS, a lot of other franchises keep churning out the same shit over and over.

Congratulations SMS you now officially own a wonderful franchise, keep up the good work. I'll be around for WMD/PCars 3-23 at least.

Beer's up... chug chug chug chug chug chug chug chug!

PCARS2: Gold Steve Unsen will become famous soon enough
    Congratulations for a successful release. And thank you SMS and WMD. Good Job.
    ASUS P8P67, i7 2600K, 8Gb, EVGA GTX 780Ti SC, Win7 64bit, G25
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Gregory Barbier,Jonathan Le Clercq,Koen Claes

PCARS2: Gold Marten Johansson is on a distinguished road Marten Johansson's Avatar
    Congratulations for an epic racing-title that really deserves to be among the top titles in Simracing. This release is a BIG improvement compared to the predecessor
    My rig: Playseat Evolution - T500RS wheel with T3PA pro pedals - TH8A shifter - GT Omega monitorstand. PC-specs: ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790K 4Ghz 8 MB, ASUS Geforce GTX 980TI 6GB, HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung SSD 250 GB, Toshiba 2TB HD, Win 10. 3 x ACER 24" XB240H 144 Hz G-sync, Nvidia surround setup. Buttkicker gamer 2 with Simvibe software.
    Add me on Steam for clean racing: MAARTENSWESIM
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Gregory Barbier,Jonathan Le Clercq,Koen Claes