+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Launch Day!

PCARS2: Gold Dominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud ofDominic Schoenberner has much to be proud of Dominic Schoenberner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Twice?
    Noooo... Just once
    My Sys: i7 6700K@4,5GHZ; Palit GTX 1080 Game Rock; 32GB Ram (DDR4 2666) Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 (BMW Rim, Formula Rim and Universal Hub with QSP 350mm Wheel)
    CSP v3 + Clubsport Shifter SQ + DSD "Crew Chief" Button Box + Fanatec Handbrake + TIR5
    Seat from a Golf 3

2x27" AOC I2769VM + Oculus Rift CV1, Everything on a Motedis Alu-Rig
    Origin-ID: dominiczeth ; Steam-ID: dominiczeth

PCARS2: Gold Greg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Corbyn has a reputation beyond repute
    Just want to add my congratulations to all at SMS for getting it out there, on time, and from what I've been reading around the internet to a generally very positive reception. As I've said before, it's been a brilliant ride and process to be part of - however one other thing I wanted to say - thanks to SMS & WMD for creating and being the finest community of like-minded people I've been lucky enough to join. As a WMD-noob 2 and-a-bit years ago I've never felt anything other than totally welcome, and now I feel like part of the furniture (whether you like it or not )

This is an awesome place, and you are a great bunch of people
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 2TB SSHD + 960GB SSD | Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 & Xbox One Controller | Oculus Rift CV1

VFX Settings: Post-Proc Filters: On | Lens Flare: On | Sun Flare - Ext & Int: Subtle | Bloom: On | Heat Haze: On | Global Spec. Irrad: On | Exp. Comp: 1.00 | Rain Drops: Yes | Vignette: No | Crep. Rays: Yes | Screen Dirt: No

Graphic Settings: 1920x1080 | Texture Res High | Anisotropic 16x | Vsync No | AA Off | FXAA Off | SMAA Off | Reflections High | Env Map High | Car Detail Ultra | Track Detail High | Shadow Detail Ultra | Motion Blur Low | Frames ahead 1 | Detailed Grass High | Part Level High | Part Density High | Stretched HL Refl Yes | Apex Particles Off

PCARS2: Gold Adam Sharpe is just really niceAdam Sharpe is just really niceAdam Sharpe is just really niceAdam Sharpe is just really nice Adam Sharpe's Avatar
    As a console owner I'm REALLY glad the development phase is over and I get to realise what an awesome product has been released....

A bit sad that my trusty wheel is useless (damn you $on¥), but enjoying the new experience on pad. Once I've moved I'll get back on a wheel....

Oh, and thanks for the perks, downloaded the wallpaper and the soundtrack today, and ordered my t-shirt and poster.

Now waiting to see what other surprises we get with the future DLC, not that the base game needs it - more than enough there to keep me occupied!

Oh, and WMD3? HELL YEAH!
    a.k.a. amazed

PS4 Pro/T150/WheelStandPro V2
    Samsung 49" 7000 Series or Sony 43" 8300 Series 4k TVs
    Denon AVR-X2200 with Monitor Audio/Elac 5.1.2 or Headphones
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Jonathan Le Clercq,Koen Claes,Mitchel Saad,Stefan Kieninger

PCARS2: Gold Kevin Ochoa is a jewel in the roughKevin Ochoa is a jewel in the roughKevin Ochoa is a jewel in the rough Kevin Ochoa's Avatar
    Congrats SMS and WMD! Unfortunately, I've been largely absent for this installment. Wish I could've been more active. Anyway, it was awesome to visit SMS HQ a few months back during crunch time. Glad to see all the hard work paying off! Looking forward to enjoying the game! Bought a couple of extra copies for more support.
    Devices: Fanatec CSW v1 + v2 (Formula + 918) | Fanatec CSS SQ (CSW) | Fanatec CSP v2 (USB) | SimInstruments Display | TrackIR 5 | BKGR-2 | 2014 DSD Race King
    Rig: Win 10 x64 | Z97 Pro (Wi-fi AC) | i7 4790K | GTX 780Ti SC 3GB | 16GB RAM (4 x 4GB) 1866 MHz CL9 | 840 Pro 256GB | WD Black 2TB | Dell U3415W (3440 x 1440) | 3 x LG 23EA63V-P (5760 x 1080)
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Jonathan Le Clercq,Koen Claes,Stefan Kieninger

PCARS2: Gold Kobus de Villiers is just really niceKobus de Villiers is just really niceKobus de Villiers is just really niceKobus de Villiers is just really niceKobus de Villiers is just really nice Kobus de Villiers's Avatar
    Congrats to everybody involved.

I was testing pcars2 for most of the time on my older rig that didn't include VR but what a world of difference it makes to have it finally on my new rig with VR. I should've done this much sooner but better late than never. I'm pleasantly surprised by the interface and it all worked right of the bat without having to tinker with anything. I will probably spend some time to get it exactly how I like but this is a solid release that should be well accepted by most of the sim racing public. Yeah, there will always be bugs and things to iron out but overall I'm happy to be involved with the product and the end result is a great game that will suck more free time than WMD ever did.
    XBOX1 GT: g33k hack3rs
    Steam: g33k_hack3rs
    | Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Thrustmaster TX Ferrari GTE Wheel | Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals | Oculus Rift |

PCARS2: Silver Sebastien Milliot is on a distinguished road
    Congrats to all.
    I was not active a lot during Pcars 2 development (even if I downloaded the first builds but it was not usable on my pc)
    I am thinking to upgrade my PC to try wheel driving. But for the time being, I enjoy the Xbox version with gamepad.

I was not sleeping at 1am (so I launch Pcars2 to do initial config and first ginetta career race). Two more done this evening.
    XB1(1gen) using XB1 gamepad
    PC Config: Core2 4300. 4Go RAM. GTX650Ti 2Go
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Koen Claes,Stefan Kieninger

PCARS2: Gold Tiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond reputeTiago Fortuna has a reputation beyond repute Tiago Fortuna's Avatar
    Di I really need a post to say how proud I am from being here from pC1 days?

I think not. I believed and put it in writing many times from day 1(actually 7th IIRC ) in pC1.

This thread put an image in my head though. Like a picture with everybody raising their glasses smiling to the camera looking proud of being part of this.

Thank you (for the nth time nth time ) SMS and WMD.

I'll stop before I drop a tear
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    AKA RomKnight - Hoping for Estoril, Portimão already in :)

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (387.92) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 Asus Xonar DX | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v289 - fw 299/130) | Damping: 100 | 900º
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 0 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 0

| FFB: Custom |Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 |Frequency: -ffb600
    | Anti-Jolt: WIP FL/R_load 0.15 0.3 and commented the line #(tex (soft_clip tex 1.0 0.0))

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium| SS: 1.4| Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/medium | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off | E. Mirrors: Yes
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Adam Sharpe,Greg Corbyn,Koen Claes,Stefan Kieninger

PCARS2: Gold Stefan Kieninger is on a distinguished road Stefan Kieninger's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone here for having me around on this excellent experience again!
    Very special thanks you to SMS for making this possible again!

Sadly I couldn't go racing, because Steam decided to re-download everything again, after having done the full pre-download seemingly successful.
    I just found out this evening, so now it's still downloading. Well something with the deletion on the previous version (because of the old directory name) must of went wrong.
    Well at least my connection isn't slow, with ~6MB/s it should be done by this night.
    Formally called "Fendar" in Project CARS 1

PC (current): Intel Core i7-6700K | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | 32GB RAM | nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 | Win10-64bit Home (1703) |
    Rig (current): ClubSport Wheel Base V1, BMW M3 GT2, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 | VPP-Pedals | VPP-Professional-Rack | Main-Monitor: 3440x1440, 34" 21:9 (LG 34UC88-B) | Utility-Monitor: 2048x1152, 23" 16:9 (Samsung SyncMaster 2343BW) | VR-HMD: HTC Vive |

PC (before 2016-07-10): AMD Phenom II X4 965 | Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H | 8GB RAM | AMD Radeon HD7870 | Win10-64bit Home |
    The following user likes this Post: Adam Sharpe

PCARS2: Gold Michael Colomer is an unknown quantity at this point
    Congrats everyone !
    CPU i7 4930K @ 4.3 GHz | RAM 32GB 2100MHz | GTX 1080| Audio Xonar D2X | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen AOC 35" | Wheel T500 RS + Fanatec CSP Pedal V2 | OCULUS CV1, button box

PCARS2: Bronze Henry Hancock is an unknown quantity at this point
    Congratulations Guys and thanks for everything! Looking forward to some awesome DLC's!!